Making a Gift of Appreciated Securities to Yellowstone Academy
When transferring a gift of appreciated securities to Yellowstone Academy, please send through the school’s brokerage account with US Capital Advisors, NFS Account Number HSQ-017090.
- Please contact Doug Masterson at US Capital Advisors, LLC at 713.343.0640.
- Prior to receipt by US Capital, please send Yellowstone Academy a letter of transmittal that will confirm your gift (see the sample letter below). Please state in this letter the name of the appreciated securities and the number of shares to be transferred. The fax number for the Development Office is (713) 600-5965.
- The date that the stock is received in the Yellowstone’s DTC account  is the date of the gift.
- The value of the stock is determined by taking the average of the high and the low on the date of receipt into the account.
- The securities will be sold no later than the next business day following date of receipt.
- If you have any questions about this transaction, please call Doug Masterson with US Capital Advisors at (713) 343 0640 or Maria Anderson at (713) 741-8000 ext. 316.
Thank you for your gift to Yellowstone Academy!
SAMPLE LETTER OF TRANSMITTAL
TO: Yellowstone Academy
FROM: Mr. & Mrs. John Q. Donor
RE: Gift of Stock
Mr. and Mrs. John Q. Donor are transferring ______ shares of ___________________________ stock to Yellowstone Academy through the school’s DTC account 0226 at National Financial Services.
This gift is: (CHOOSE ONE)
- a fulfillment/partial fulfillment of my/our pledge.
- a general operating/capital donation.
- going towards a fund designated to ____________________.
Please fax this letter to the Yellowstone Academy Development Office at 713-600-5965.
3000 Trulley Street
Houston, Texas 77004
O: 713.741.8000 | F: 713.600.5965