Welcome to Yellowstone Academy!
Yellowstone Academy is a community school preparing Christian leaders who are college and career ready. Founded in 2002, Yellowstone Academy is a premier faith-based private school in the heart of Houston’s Third Ward that serves students in pre-K3 through 8th grade.
Tuition includes transportation, meals, uniforms and other services. Comprehensive scholarship packages are available for enrolled and committed families.
Yellowstone Academy at a Glance
- Small class sizes, dynamic teachers, and a rigorous education program that prepares critical thinkers
- Community classroom experiences that expose our students to Third Ward’s rich cultural heritage
- Comprehensive elective and co-curricular program that includes music, art, physical education, dance, chess club, computer, library, Boy Scouts, Girls Leadership Initiatives, and much more
- Competitive sports teams in basketball, volleyball, flag football, track, cross country, and soccer
- Students grow in their faith and develop strong character through daily Bible class and weekly chapel
- A community school with strong parent participation and amazing volunteers from all over Houston
Yellowstone Academy is committed to leveling the educational and socioeconomic playing field so that our students and graduates reach their full potential. We admit students who will be successful both academically and socially, and will be assets to our school community and its mission. To apply for admission, please click on the link below. This year, we will be giving first preference for admission to families living in the following five zip codes:
If you live outside of this geographic zone, please feel free to submit your application and we will reach out if additional spaces become available.
There is no need to submit more than one application, we will respond to let you know the status of your application as soon as possible.
We ask every family admitted to the school to pay a portion of the tuition costs for their student to attend. The tuition amount is on a sliding scale and is determined based on family income, employment status, and other related factors. For qualifying students, Yellowstone staff will meet with the families to discuss tuition and expectations prior to enrollment.
Other questions? Please contact Kimberlei Brisbane at 713-741-8000 ext. 241 or by email at email@example.com.
Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 Applicants
If you are applying for grades Pre-K3 to 1st grade, we will contact you once you have submitted your application to bring your child in for an evaluation. This results of the evaluation will determine whether or not your child will be accepted into our school.
The first round of evaluations will be February 27th through April 24th on Wednesdays and Fridays. Someone from the admission office will contact you to schedule the day and time for you to bring your child.
This is the Admission application for Yellowstone Academy. The completion of this application does not guarantee enrollment in the school. You will be contacted by an Admissions Representative with further instructions on required testing and documentation. Thank you for considering Yellowstone Academy for your child’s education.
Begin Online Application
Download Teacher Recommendation Form